Wednesday, 22 May 2013
Okay, so let me put it out there...I am slightly addicted to pottering around HomeSense - I really am. There's something about that store, not just the bargains but the real variety of things they stock. I could browse for hours! Today's find - cookie cutters in the 'sale' department. Aren't they fab?! Can you guess what my boy will be having for breakfast tomorrow...
Monday, 20 May 2013
After months of deliberating over my hair, I finally took the plunge and had a major chop. Well, by that I mean nearly six inches off it but to me that's huge as I've been growing my hair for twelve whole years. It was a pretty 'magic' moment for me and one I was in desperate need of.
No more are my thin, straggly ends and instead I have much thicker, healthier and smooth hair. It's amazing the difference a good chop makes. Twelve years ago I had a disaster of a cut - I took a picture of short bob to a hairdresser (I told you I could be impulsive) but my hair didn't exactly come out looking like the picture. I've been growing ever since.
Next time I'm going a little bit shorter but as my hairdresser said, one inch at a time...
*I should note I'm absolutely amazed at the difference washing shorter hair makes - it's SO much quicker and easier. I'm all done in a few minutes?!
Sunday, 19 May 2013
1. Blossom - I could look at this all day. How could you ever tire of it?!
2. My current favourite - Morello Cherry Frangipane (only from Tesco). I have a real thing for anything that tastes like marzipan and gosh this is good. So sweet and tasty.
3. Charity shops - I do like my charity shop finds and one of my boy's favourite toys is from our local one. An immaculate fire engine set complete with rescue car and all the accessories. It was an amazing find and a bargain too - bonus.
4. Greek salads - I'm half Greek so if I can't make a mean one of these then I'm in trouble. With slightly warmer temperatures I'm feeling the 'need' for salad. Believe it or not I do like some healthy things too.
5. Longhorn Cattle - my boy definitely isn't feeling school at the moment and hasn't been for a while now. I knew I'd jinx it by writing about how well we were doing. Maybe it's because he has been ill but I'm not so sure to be honest. Either way to avoid difficult drop offs I'm resulting to good old bribery - a visit to our favourite place to see our 'friends' after school. Two beautiful Longhorn cattle and you can walk right up to them. I'm all about a 'deal' that's for sure!
6. My boy - growing up and gaining in confidence with his bike. I am so proud of him. My heart could just burst with love watching him learn and get better and better at it. The way he looks to me for reassurance and I to him. Oh my baby, how I will miss you in September.
7. Warmer temperatures means trampoline time and garden fun - hooray! Oh and I have jumped on the 'A Beautiful Mess' bandwagon and have gotten slightly carried away with it. My Instagram photos are full of it.
Friday, 17 May 2013
Okay, so I'm a little guilty of not doing enough arts and crafts with my boy as perhaps I should. The most we have done up until now has been Play-Doh, Crayola and felt tip pens. I can count on one hand the number of times I have done some painting and cutting/sticking. I know, I know, but paint, glitter and glue creates mess...everywhere?! Guess who has to clean that up - yep, good old me.
A recent rainy day and poorly little boy meant we weren't up to going on our usual outdoor adventures so I braved it and got the 'art kit' out. To you and me that's just some paints and rollers. A rather small kit but nevertheless I have one. Do you know what? We had such fun and I had a light bulb moment half way through, something I have always wanted to do (and regret not having done when my boy was a baby) - our handprints. That's right, we got messy and it was brilliant. His little face was a picture and he wanted to 'help' me have a go then.
As you can see we got a little carried away - hence so many. There were more too and I'm keeping them all in my memory box. The whole experience gave me an idea, I'm going to do each of our handprints on a sheet of paper and frame it.
*I should note it's only his left hand that actually got printed. He caught his little finger on his right hand in a toy box earlier that morning and believe me no one was allowed near that hand for two whole days - not even me!
Wednesday, 15 May 2013
This week the lovely Lou over at Little Green Shed set us a 'pink' challenge and I just love that colour. In fact I am drawn to flowers that are pink - roses in particular. I didn't have to venture far to get my hands on these beauties...our garden. I can't wait to spend time out in it this summer if this pesky weather will allow it. What's going on with it, seriously?!
Onto a better week for my boy - the ulcers in his little mouth are looking better and he certainly seems better in himself. He managed chocolate today, so that's a sure sign right?!
See you next week for another forage...